SAIC is looking for two summer interns to undertake 10-week placements related to skills, careers and knowledge transfer - and for the first time, they will be done entirely online!
Applicants should be a life sciences student from a Scottish university, with an interest in aquaculture, education and public outreach. Preferably they should be just finishing Year 2 or 3, but we would consider Year 1 students as well.
This project will combine knowledge transfer, education and public awareness of the aquaculture industry. Topics will focus on opportunities within Scottish aquaculture, promotion of the industry as a career destination, the use of technology and data, knowledge transfer, marketing and communications.
Candidates will need good communication skills, be able to develop networks with the support of SAIC, work in teams, be computer literate, and be keen to take on challenges. Depending on the situation surrounding COVID-19, training and work may need to be completed at a distance using online technology, such as Slack, Zoom, MS Teams etc.
Skills and qualifications
- Enthusiastic and committed to learning
- Interested in aquaculture and public outreach
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Willing to engage with a wide range of new contacts
- Excellent command of English
- Interested in creativity and innovation
- Preferred placement start date: Monday 29 June 2020
- Applications closing date: Friday 01 May 2020
- Interview date: During May 2020
- Remuneration details (hourly rate): £9.50
- Duration of placement: 10 weeks
Download the application form and more information on the internships from our Resources page, apply by the 1st of May, or help spread the word if you know someone who may be interested!